7-7teen – Family Mental Health
Highland Primary Care Network (HPCN) is pleased to offer a family-centered youth mental health program.
Do you have a youth age 7-17 who is struggling with feelings of sadness, worry, tiredness, forgetfulness, nervousness, has trouble concentrating or paying attention, or general behaviour concerns? Then, we encourage you to learn more about becoming a part of this family-based mental health program.
Using a combination of group, individual, and family appointments, the goals of the program are to help participants:
- Realize they are not alone
- Learn about signs, symptoms, and related challenges associated with anxiety, depression, attention, or behavioural concerns
- Learn ways to improve quality of life
- Get support from others who might be going through some of the same things
- Learn tools and techniques to reduce, manage and cope with symptoms
- Understand what the youth is going through and learn effective ways to support them
- Navigate resources
- Maintain and strengthen communication to family doctors to support the long-term treatment plan for youth and family
How do you get into the program?
Please ask your family doctor if you think this program might help and they will arrange for an appointment with a health care provider in their office (medical home). The health care provider will work with you, your child, and your family doctor and develop a plan of care. This plan of care could include ongoing support in your medical home, a referral to the 7 to 7teen Program, or to other resources.
Due to COVID-19, we are unable to run in-person classes at this time. However, we have started offering some of our classes via Zoom. To register call us at 587-287-1727.
If you have already registered for a class click this link: Join a Meeting – Zoom. A meeting ID and password will be provided to you at the time of registration.
If you you are not familiar with how to use Zoom check out this guide: Zoom Support.
Before your appointment you can test the device you plan to use. Use this link to do a self-test: Zoom Test.