Chronic Pain Clinic
The Highland Primary Care Network’s Chronic Pain Clinic provides care to patients with chronic pain. The clinic helps patients work on improving their function and quality of life through self-management strategies.
Member doctors can refer patients to the Highland PCN Chronic Pain Clinic. Our Clinic offers a variety of different supports to patients through either group classes or individual appointments depending on their needs.
* Please note there are 5 videos in the playlist, you are welcome to watch them all. However for the orientation we ask that you watch video 1 “What is pain neuroscience.”
Step 2: Once you have watched the Orientation video a member of our Chronic Pain Team will contact you to discuss next steps and answer any questions.
Step 3: If you are interested in our program we will book you for an initial assessment
- At your assessment we will gather your chronic pain history and discuss your functional goals and help you create a management plan
Understanding Pain: What to do about it in less than five minutes?
Our Chronic Pain Team Includes:
- Family Physicians with a special interest in chronic pain
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical Pharmacist
What to Expect?
- We will work as a team with you and your family doctor to come up with a pain management plan
- Learn self-management strategies (examples: goal setting, pacing, stress management)
- Our team can also help direct you to helpful resources
Chronic Pain Resources:
Alberta Healthy Living Program – Better Choices Better Health
Calgary Chronic Pain Centre Resources
Calgary Chronic Pain Centre Lecture Series
Personal Flare Up Plan
The Pain Tool Kit
Tame the Beast Video