Your Medical Home
A Medical Home is where patients feel the most comfortable coming for all their health needs. The benefits of patients seeing their family doctor has been proven to enhance their access to primary care.
Together with your family doctor, the Highland Primary Care Network has increased Health Team resources in your Medical Home to support you with all your health concerns, including physical, mental, and social support.
Your Medical Home team will assist you in developing a plan to help achieve your specific goals at home to improve your health. In addition part of your plan might include referring you to another program or provider outside of your Medical Home that will best serve your needs.
Speak with your family doctor about accessing these services and how working with a member of the Health Team could benefit you.
How we support your Medical Home:
- Access to a team of health professionals
- A system of support for your care that includes ongoing outreach, health screening, and disease prevention, and managing chronic conditions
- Access to care through the Highland PCN Clinic, connected to your Medical Home
- Helping to ensure you have a doctor and that you maintain a strong connection with them
What are the benefits for the patient?
- Better access to physical, mental, and social support
- Assistance with medical decision-making
- Quick access to mental healthcare
- Individualized care plans
- Teams working collaboratively to support your care
- Navigation with other community supports
- Providing you with the tools and knowledge to make positive change
- Helping you take control of your own health